Altea is one of the most beautiful villages on the Costa Blanca, which has a special charm thanks to its white architecture and cobbled streets. If you are thinking of visiting Altea in a day, here are some places you should not miss.
How to get to Altea?
To get to Altea, you can do it in several ways:
- By taxi: On our website you can book your taxi to Altea quickly and without complications. We also have minivans for up to 8 people.
- By car: Altea is located about 60 kilometres north of Alicante, so you can get there by car following the AP-7 motorway. You can also arrive by car from Valencia, following the N-332 road.
- By bus: There are several bus lines that connect Altea with other towns on the Costa Blanca, such as Alicante or Benidorm. You can check timetables and prices on the bus company’s website.
- By train: If you prefer to travel by train, you can get to Altea from Alicante or Valencia thanks to the TRAM Metropolitano.
10 Places not to be missed in Altea
Here are the 10 essential places you have to see in Altea in one day.
Town Hall Square
The Town Hall Square is the nerve centre of Altea, and is the perfect place to take a stroll and enjoy its terraces and restaurants.
Church of Nuestra Señora del Consuelo
Just over half a kilometre away is the Church of Nuestra Señora del Consuelo, which is one of the jewels of Altea’s architecture. It is one of the most beautiful churches in the province of Alicante thanks to its blue domes.
The promenade is another ideal place to take a stroll and enjoy the sea views. From here you can also access a small viewpoint, which has one of the best views of the Costa Blanca.
From this viewpoint you can enjoy breathtaking views of the whole town. It is located near the church and is one of the most visited viewpoints in the region.
Portal Viejo Viewpoint
The Portal Viejo viewpoint is one of the most emblematic corners of Altea, and from here you can enjoy impressive views of the sea.
Sierra de Bernia
Sierra de Bernia is a mountain range with a height of 1129 metres. It is an ideal place for hiking and enjoying nature, and if you reach the top you can enjoy incredible views.
Orthodox Church of Altea
About 10 minutes drive away, in the urbanization of Altea Hills (which is between Altea and Calpe), you can find the Orthodox Church of St. Michael the Archangel. Known for its beauty and imposing golden domes, it is another place not to be missed if you are in Altea.
El Jardín de los Sentidos
El Jardín de los Sentidos is a botanical garden with a wide variety of plants and flowers from different parts of the world, and is an ideal place to relax and connect with nature.
Beaches in Altea
Altea has several beaches that are ideal for relaxing or taking a stroll. Some of the best known are La Olla, Cap Blanch or La Roda.
El Catell de L’Olla Fireworks Display
The fireworks of El Catell de L’Olla are one of the most outstanding events in Altea, and are held every August on the Saturday closest to the feast of San Lorenzo.
What to see near Altea
If you have time and want to visit more places near Altea, here are some options:
- Benidorm: Benidorm is a coastal town known for its beaches and theme parks, and is located about 20 kilometres south of Altea.
- Calpe: Calpe is another coastal town known for its Ifach Rock, a cliff that rises 332 metres above the sea and is one of the symbols of the Costa Blanca.
- Villajoyosa: Villajoyosa is a town known for its colourful houses and chocolate factories. It is an ideal place to visit and try some of its delicious products.
- Guadalest: Guadalest is a medieval village located in the interior of the Sierra de Aitana, and it is a very touristic place due to its charm and its landscapes. From Guadalest you can also make routes through Sierra de Aitana (Aitana mountains).
- Benissa: Benissa is a town located to the north of Altea and has a wide variety of beaches and coves, such as Les Bassetes beach or Fustera cove. It is also known for its wines, and has several wineries that offer visits and tastings.
In conclusion, Altea is a charming town with a wide variety of interesting places to see. If you have the opportunity to visit it, do not hesitate to do so and enjoy its beaches, its mountains and its Mediterranean charm.