In the following article we present you with a complete guide on how to get from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura. You’ll find detailed information on the different transport options available, including timetables and approximate prices, so you can plan your trip with ease.
If you are planning to visit the Canary Islands, this article will help you to be prepared and make the most of your trip.
How to get from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura
To get from one island to another you can either take a plane or go by ferry. The best option for your trip will depend on several factors, such as budget, time availability and personal preferences.
If you want to get to Fuerteventura from Gran Canaria in a short time, the quickest option is to take a direct flight from Gran Canaria Airport to Fuerteventura Airport. The journey time is approximately 40 minutes and there are more than 200 flights a week.
There are several airlines offering direct flights between Gran Canaria and Fuerteventura, such as Binter Canarias, Canaryfly or Air Europa. Airfares vary depending on the season and the airline, ranging from 30 to 90 euros.
But before you get on the plane, you’ll need to get to the airport, so we’re going to tell you the best ways to get to Gran Canaria Airport (LPA):
- The fastest and most comfortable way to get to your destination is through Mitaxi.net. You can get to the airport from anywhere on the island of Gran Canaria from 24€.
- Another alternative is to take a bus (guagua). Lines 1 and 60 connect the capital with the airport. But there are also buses that have connections from other towns, such as 11 (Agüimes), 36 (Telde), 66 (Maspalomas), 91 (Playa del Cura).
Once you arrive at Fuerteventura Airport (FUE), you can take a taxi to go anywhere on the island.
If you prefer to enjoy a leisurely ferry trip and take in the scenery as you arrive at your destination, there are also options to travel by ferry from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura.
There are two ferry routes from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura. The shorter one is from Las Palmas to Morro Jable, it takes about 3 hours and there are 4 trips a day. The longer one runs from Las Palmas to Puerto del Rosario, takes over 6 hours and there are 6 trips a week. Ferry ticket prices vary depending on the season, the route and the ferry company you are travelling with, ranging from 40 to 70 euros.
You can get to the port of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria in two ways:
- Booking a taxi on our website to get to the port of Las Palmas.
- The second option is to take a bus. The bus lines with direct connection to the port are: 44 (Isla Perdida), 47 (Tamaraceite), 47X (Tamaraceite), 80 (Telde) 233 (Tenoya Alta) and 301 (Santa Brígida).
Useful tips for your trip from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura
Regardless of the means of transport you choose, it is important to bear in mind some useful tips to make your journey as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
- Book your ticket in advance to save money and guarantee your seat on your chosen mean of transport.
- Arrive early at the airport or port to avoid delays and missing your journey.
- Make sure you have all the necessary documentation with you.
- If you suffer from motion sickness, take medication with you to prevent it.