In this article, we will explore the different options available to get from Barcelona to Cadaqués, one of the most popular seaside destinations on Catalonia’s Costa Brava. If you are in Barcelona, one of the most charming getaways you can take is to visit the beautiful Costa Brava and immerse yourself in the atmosphere of the picturesque village of Cadaqués. Enjoy its pristine beaches, take a stroll through the cobbled streets of its old town and don’t forget to visit the house-museum of Dalí.
In this post we tell you everything you need to know to make this trip. So, without further ado, let’s discover the transport options to get from Barcelona to Cadaqués!
How to get from Barcelona to Cadaqués: all the options
If you want to get from Barcelona to Cadaqués, you can travel by taxi, bus, train or car.
If you are looking for a fast and comfortable means of transport, this is the perfect option for you. The journey takes about 2 hours. On our website you can book your taxi from Barcelona to Cadaqués starting at 254 euros. We also have premium transfers and minivans for up to 8 people.
If you are looking for a cheap way to travel from Barcelona to Cadaqués, buses are an excellent option. There are several options available to make this journey by bus:
- Direct bus Barcelona-Cadaqués: There is a direct bus line from Estació Barcelona Nord. There are 5 buses a day (from 8:00 to 21:00) and they reach Cadaqués in 2 hours and 45 minutes. The price is 26.95 euros.
- Bus to Figueres: Another option is to change at Figueres. There are 3 daily journeys between these two Catalan cities (from 10:45 to 17:30). The journey takes 2 hours and 45 minutes and the ticket costs 21,50 euros.
- From here you can take a taxi to Cadaqués. The journey takes about 45 minutes.
- Or you can take another bus to get to the Costa Brava town. There are 4 buses a day (from 8:15 to 20:30). This journey takes 1 hour and costs 7 euros.
There is no direct train from Barcelona to Cadaqués, so you will have to change trains in Girona or Figueres. From there you will have to find another means of transport to get to Cadaqués.
- AVE to Girona: It is faster, but also more expensive. It connects Barcelona Sants Station with Girona train station. It takes about 35 minutes and the ticket costs about 38 euros. From here you can finish the journey by taxi or take a bus.
- The taxi journey takes 1:15 hours.
- The bus leaves once a day (at 13:00), takes 1:45h and the ticket costs 12 euros.
- Regional or medium-distance train to Figueres: It also departs from Sants Station. It takes between 1:50h and 2:40h to get to Figueres and the ticket costs between 16 and 12 euros. From here you can take a taxi or bus to Cadaqués.
You also have the option of travelling in your own car or a hire car to get to Cadaqués. You can take the toll motorway or the dual carriageway. The distance between Barcelona and Cadaqués is approximately 100 kilometres, so it will take you about 2 hours by road.