Barcelona is a city that never fails to impress its visitors. From its beautiful architecture to its delicious food, there is always something to see and do. Whether you are a first-time visitor or a seasoned traveller, Barcelona has something for everyone. In this guide, we will provide you with all the information you need for an unforgettable weekend in Barcelona.
We will cover the best hotels to stay in, as well as the top things to do and see in this vibrant city!
Hotels in Barcelona: Where to stay?
When it comes to finding the perfect hotel in Barcelona, there are a few things to consider. Firstly, location is key. You want to stay in an area that is convenient for exploring the city’s top attractions, such as La Sagrada Familia or Park Guell. La Rambla is a popular area for tourists, as it’s a lively street full of street performers, shops, and restaurants. However, it can also be quite crowded, so if you prefer a quieter area, you may want to consider staying in the Gothic Quarter or El Born.
Another factor to consider is budget. Barcelona has a wide range of hotels to suit all budgets, from budget-friendly hostels to luxurious 5-star hotels. If you’re on a budget, you can still find some great options in central locations, such as Hotel Praktik Bakery, which offers comfortable rooms and an on-site bakery that serves delicious pastries and bread.
If you’re looking for a luxurious stay, there are plenty of high-end hotels to choose from. One of the most iconic hotels in Barcelona is the W Barcelona, which boasts a modern design and is located on the beachfront. Its rooftop bar, Eclipse, offers some of the best views of the city, making it a popular spot for locals and tourists alike. Hotel 1898 is another great option for those looking for a luxurious stay. Located on La Rambla, this hotel offers stunning views of the city and is in a prime location for exploring Barcelona’s top attractions.
No matter what your budget or preferences, there is a hotel in Barcelona that will suit your needs. Whether you want to stay in a budget-friendly hostel or a luxurious 5-star hotel, there are plenty of options to choose from. So why not book your hotel now and start planning your perfect weekend in Barcelona?
Heres the top 3 pick by our Taxi travellers:
- Hotel 1898: Located on La Rambla, this luxurious hotel offers stunning views of the city and is in a prime location for exploring Barcelona’s top attractions.
- W Barcelona: This iconic hotel boasts a modern design and is located on the beachfront. Its rooftop bar offers some of the best views of the city.
- Hotel Praktik Bakery: This budget-friendly hotel is perfect for those who want to stay in the heart of the city without breaking the bank. Plus, it has an on-site bakery that serves delicious pastries and bread.
What to do and see in a Weekend in Barcelona
Barcelona is a vibrant city full of culture, history, and plenty of things to do. Here are some of the top things to do in Barcelona during your weekend stay:
- Visit La Sagrada Familia: This stunning basilica designed by Antoni Gaudi is one of Barcelona’s most iconic landmarks. With its unique architecture and breathtaking stained glass windows, it’s a must-see attraction.
- Explore Park Guell: Another one of Gaudi’s masterpieces, this park is filled with whimsical mosaics, sculptures, and colourful buildings. It’s a great spot for a picnic or a leisurely stroll.
- Wander through the Gothic Quarter: This historic neighbourhood is full of narrow streets and charming squares. It’s the perfect place to soak up the city’s atmosphere and explore some of its oldest buildings.
- Take a stroll down La Rambla: This lively street is one of Barcelona’s main thoroughfares and is full of street performers, shops, and restaurants. It’s a great spot to people-watch and soak up the city’s energy.
- Visit the Picasso Museum: Barcelona was a formative city for Pablo Picasso, and the museum contains some of his most significant works, including pieces from his Blue Period.
- Try some tapas: Barcelona is famous for its tapas bars, where you can try a variety of small plates and local specialities. Some popular spots include Cerveceria Catalana and Quimet & Quimet.
- Catch a game at Camp Nou: Football fans won’t want to miss a visit to the home of FC Barcelona. Even if you’re not a football fan, the stadium tour is a fascinating glimpse into the club’s history and legacy.
- Relax on the beach: Barcelona has several beaches, including Barceloneta, which is easily accessible from the city centre. It’s a great spot to soak up some sun and take a dip in the Mediterranean Sea.
- Visit the Magic Fountain of Montjuic: This colourful fountain puts on a stunning light and water show several times a week. It’s a popular spot for locals and tourists alike.
- Shop at La Boqueria market: This bustling market is a foodie’s paradise, with stalls selling fresh produce, meats, and seafood. It’s also a great spot to pick up some souvenirs or grab a quick bite to eat.
With so many things to do in Barcelona, you’ll have no shortage of options during your weekend stay. Whether you’re interested in history, art, or just soaking up the city’s energy, there’s something for everyone in this vibrant city.