Arenal Sound is a music festival held every year in Burriana, Castellón (Spain). It is one of the most important festivals in Europe, in terms of attendance and number of international artists performing.
The festival was created by brothers David and Toño Sánchez through their promoter The Music Republic. They wanted to create an event that would combine different musical genres with a wide range of activities. Initially, they started from the idea of a festival that would bring together DJs and live bands to create something totally new. The first edition took place from July 27 to August 1, 201o and was attended by 10,000 people.
But since 2011, Arenal Sound has become one of the most massive music festivals in Spain, attracting more than 150,000 attendees from all over the world each year. And the latest edition (2019) reached 300,000 spectators. The festival features national and international artists from very diverse genres, such as rock, pop music, electronic music and hip hop, among others.
Where is the festival held?
The Arenal Sound is held on the Arenal beach of Burriana, so try to wear cool and comfortable clothes. The festival site has a capacity of 50,000 people. In addition, there are two rest areas (on the Arenal beach and Malvarrosa) where you can camp with your friends during the whole festival.
When will Arenal Sound 2022 take place?
Arenal Sound 2022 will be held from Tuesday, August 2 to Sunday, August 7. The festival site opens its gates from 14:00 hours.
How to get to Arenal Sound
You can get to Arenal Sound in several ways:
- The fastest and most comfortable way to do it with Mitaxi.net:
- If you go to Valencia by plane: Take a cab with 3 more people or even better, a Minivan with up to 7 friends, to go from Valencia Airport to Burriana. It will cost you between 15 and 20 euros each depending on the option you choose.
- If you are already in Valencia or in nearby provinces: Take a cab to go directly to your destination. On our website you can book your transfer to Burriana from anywhere in Valencia or nearby regions.
- Another option to get to the festival from Valencia Airport is to take a metro to the Estación Norte (North Station). From there go by train directly to Burriana and then take a bus to the Arenal beach.
Also, if you buy a Sounder Bus ticket, for only 13 euros you’ll have unlimited bus rides from locations in the region of Castellón to the festivalground.
Arenal Sound 2022 Lineup
Arenal Sound 2022 will bring together some of the best national and international artists. Among the extensive lineup of this year’s edition are: C Tangana, Bizarrap, Myke Towers, Lola Indigo, Afrojack, Rels B, Morad, Bad Gyal, Duki, Recycled J and La Oreja de Van Gogh.
Arenal Sound 2022 tickets
You can buy tickets online, through the official Arenal Sound website. There are several types of tickets:
- Day ticket: they cost 55 euros and with it you can access single days of the festival.
- Season Ticket: You can attend all the concerts from August 4 to 7 whth this ticket, but unfortunately they are sold out.
- VIP Season Ticket: Same as the previous one, but with this pass you can also enjoy the VIP area of the festival.
- On the other hand, there are tickets for the rest areas for those who have already purchased the Season Ticket. The tickets for the Arenal rest area are already sold out, but there are still available those for the Malvarrosa area for 49.50 euros.
Finally, you must remember that all tickets purchased in the editions of 2020 and 2021 will allow to attend the Arenal Sound in 2022.
If you like music festivals you will be interested in reading this guide about Bilbao BBK Live 2022.